So Bourbon Heritage Month is upon us. For the month of September, Americans honor the history and tradition of our Native Spirit.
Good question. ModernThirst has come up with five great ideas that need to be adopted nation-wide for September:
- National holiday from work. Honestly, if we’re really celebrating the virtues of bourbon, this is kind of a necessity. So everyone should be off work…all month.
- All bars refuse to sell Jack Daniels. You’re too good to call yourself bourbon? Right back at ya!
- KFC replaces all soft drinks in fountain soda machines with Jim Beam. Can it get any more Kentucky than fried chicken and bourbon? Granted, checking the IDs of everyone who orders a 5 piece meal might be tedious…
- All baseball stadiums replace the word “Peanuts” with “Bourbon.” “Buy me some bourbon and Cracker Jack, I don’t care if I never get back!” Kind of has a nice ring to it.
- All meals eaten in September must consist of at least 51% Corn.