What better way to celebrate National Bourbon Heritage Month than with a refreshing Bourbon cocktail? Throughout the month, we’ll be posting various bourbon cocktail recipes. If anyone has the patriotic zeal (Bourbon Heritage Month is authorized by Act of Congress!) to try these bourbon cocktail recipes or any others this month, send us a photo and we’ll post them to the site!
Today’s recipe comes courtesy of Jim Beam and DBC. It was created by Louisville’s Sean Thibodeaux. Thibodeaux is Assistant General Manager and Head Mixologist at St. Charles Exchange.
BASIL HAYDEN’S® NEW YORK MANHATTAN
Created by Sean Thibodeaux, Louisville, KY
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 1 part Sweet Vermouth
- 1/2 tsp. Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 1 dash Peychaud’s Bitters
- Orange Peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist, making sure to express the oils.